Not Writing Home

Seth Rosman

Seth had been exploring the school ever since he had arrived to Hogwarts New Zealand yet he had met very few people. Was it because he usually did his adventures alone, or maybe a bit of Seth's shy side kept him from making the friends he would normally have. Either way as Seth was alone as he walked up to the Owlery.

No he was not writing a letter home or to his uncle's house. More he just wanted to see the owlery. It was part of the school after all. As Seth walked up to the front up the stairs, he wondered why there had to be so many stairs.

Finally reaching the top he walked over and leaned against the wall just watching a few of the owls.

Hoshi was going up to the Owlry for a different reason. She had to keep Haruhi posted an all that was going on in the school or she would freak. Not that she wasn't freaking out anyway. The woman had gone from chill to nag about as quickly as Hoshi had gone from Lolita to Goth. She shook her head. Hoshi noticed that there was someone there when she set her purple boot on the landing of the owlry.

She hadn't seen Seth since that day in town and even then she was sure he remembered her. He may have heard of her after the pain balloon fight on the seveth floor and he might have been there after when she set off the fireworks at the Slytherin table but really it had been to early for anyone to have been there. "Hey Seth-kun!" She said loudly. She was about to call the boy 'Ra-man' but she though she didn't know him that well.

Seth was watching this one owl who seemed to stand out from the rest. It sat alone from the group and seemed to attempt to attack any owls that came near it. Smiling at the sight of it he was rather surprised to hear a voice in the owlery. Turning to see Hoshi there. He had only met this girl once and if he could remember she had blue hair back then.

"Hey Hoshi" he said a small smile on his face. "How have you been?" He asked hearing about a few of the stunts that she had pulled already and the year was still young.

Hoshi smiled wide and walked up to him. "Better than you from what I can tell from that smile." She joked. "Anyway I was getting a letter to Haruhi before she had a heart attack." She said again joking. "How have you been I haven't see you in forever and that's saying something because it's only October." She said with the brightest smile on her face. Hoshi sat on the window still and called forward Niky, her owl. She put the letter on his foot then let him go. She was really happy to have bought Niky even though he had cost so much.

Seth nodded slightly as she explained why she was up here. Maybe he should of sent a letter but really he didn't think about it and really didn't want to either way. "I've been a bit of a loner lately" Seth said knowing that this probably didn't sound the best. He had been basically exploring the school by himself.

"I know I can't believe that it is october already" He said rolling his eyes. The year seemed to be going by fast though in Seth's opinion fast enough. Though as he watched her send an owl away which could possibly be her owl. "Is that your owl?" he asked a bit curiously but still trying to make conversation.

Hoshi nodded. "Yup that's my Niky-chan. And no it's not named after the shoe it's named after the messenger." She said. She knew that there was a shoe brand named Niky but she had gone a bit into Greek mythology and found the name there too. "You in Gryffedor right? There are some good people in that house I know because I have some there." She said with a bright smile. She had friends in all the houses really except maybe her own. She was too different for the Slytherins who all seemed to act like the people back home did. Primp and proper always going by the rules. Hoshi had hated that world.

Seth smiled slightly when Hoshi told him the name of the owl. The first thing he did think about was the shoe brand though once Hoshi explained it made more sense that she would name an owl after mythology than a shoe brand. Though Seth did not know much about mythology at all he would go along with it.

"Yeah Proud Gryffindor" Seth said liking the fact that he was put in this house. Secretly he was hoping this over Ravenclaw. Though his father hadn't been too happy that Seth had not followed in his footsteps. Yet Seth's mother was so happy. Seth just realized he couldn't win them all.

"And you are in Slytherin?" Seth said pretty sure about it. Yet in a way Seth never really pictured Hoshi in Slytherin. Maybe she had that dark side that Seth hadn't met before. If so he was glad that he hadn't realized it. "I've heard a few rumours about you going around mostly about the stunts you pull. You couldn't even wait one semester" He teased

Hoshi put a proud look on her face. "Why wait? I have to make my mark early so people can now exactly who I am." She said. Hoshi need the attention. She had needed ever since she was little and her parents where off on one direction or an other. She only had her brother Tohoru for company but some how that was not enough. She needed to be known. "Slytherin is for those with ambition. Apperntly that extents to those who's dearest ambition is to make as much trouble as they possibly can." She said laughing.

There was one she regretted attracting the attention of. Henric Lee. He was so far beyond anything she knew. She was starting to question what she had gotten herself into. "And I've made some good friends along the way like Sam-kun and Knight-kun." She said. Those two really where her dearest friends. Sure she had a little trouble with them but they where boys and what could she expect. Hoshi flicked a piece of purple hair out of her face.

A small smile appeared on Seth's face. "You've got a point there" He said thinking about how he had not a doubt in the world that Hoshi would make her name known. Seth had already heard about her and he was in very little company of others.

Though as Hoshi explained Slytherin in her light, he laughed a bit. "Well then I guess Slytherin is the best house for you then" He added his tone one of joking though really Hoshi obviously belonged in Slytherin. That sorting hat was never wrong or at least that was what he had heard.

Seth nodded as Hoshi explained that she had made close friends with too boys. Though Seth wished he could say the same. He hadn't made many friends though he hoped he would find a few best mates along the way. "No close girl friends yet?" he asked just curious.

Hoshi made a face while she thought. "No... Well there is Jenna-chan who is a lot like me only she likes her yellow hair and then there is Lissy-chan who is a Slythering though she a bit quiet though." She said thinking of how Larissa rarely talked to her. She looked Seth over. "Hey are you going to the Halloween feast. Everyone is talking about it." She said as the subject popped into her head. She was going to be a Katsune. She loved to learn about those fox demons. She wondered what her firends where going to be but she thought it best not to ask. Sam had already made fun of her when she told him that Henric had a thing for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back